On Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 5:30 PM, the Providence Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners will be hold a special meeting via Zoom and conference call.
Pursuant to RI Executive Order 20-05 signed by Governor Gina Raimondo and guidance provided by legal counsel, the Providence Housing Authority (PHA) will conduct this meeting using telephone and online communications due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The public may access this meeting by computer/tablet/smartphone using Zoom or via phone by dialing into the toll-free number below and entering the meeting code. *Note: using a tablet or smartphone may require downloading the free Zoom app.
Join the meeting with Zoom or call-in toll-free to: 888-788-0099. Meeting Code: 894-0488-3499
Anyone having problems accessing the meeting can contact Ainsley Cantoral at 401-419-5121 during the meeting for assistance being connected.
Meeting Agenda for September 24
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF MINUTES from August 27, 2020 meeting (Vote)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT on Agency developments since August 27, 2020 including COVID-19 testing; updates for HUD CARES Act funding and audit; employee return to work plan update; wait lists; Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Plan changes; new youth program; and public housing flat rent schedule (discussion)
RESOLUTION 4298: Approval of New public housing flat rent schedule to be effective November 1, 2020 (Vote)
- Resident Services Committee Report on resident services’ program and funding updates since August 27, 2020 and resident services adaptations during COVID-19 emergency. (Discussion)
- Capital Improvements Committee Report on capital improvements and project updates since August 27, 2020. (Discussion)
- Finance Committee Report on the finance and budgeting updates since August 27, 2020. (Discussion)
- Extension of Puroclean contract to December 31, 2020 – $241,200 (Vote)
- Extension of NES Security contract to December 31, 2020 -$146,640 (Vote)
- Sunset Village Roof Replacement- low bidder, A&M Sheet Metal & Roofing, $398,300 (Vote)
PRESENTATION: Data on Housing Court activity of the PHA since 2016 by Michael Crane, Esq, PHA Housing Court Attorney (Discussion).
EXECUTIVE SESSION pursuant to R.I.G.L. § 42-46-5 (a) (1): Closed session to review the job performance progress of the Executive Director. (Discussion)
Committee Meetings on September 24
Held prior to the 5:30 PM Board of Commissioners Meeting, the Finance and Resident Services Committees will meet. For more information on those meetings, visit the RI Secretary of State’s Open Meetings website.