On Thurday, July 23, 2020 at 5:30 PM, the Providence Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners will be hold a special meeting via Zoom and conference call.
Pursuant to RI Executive Order 20-05 signed by Governor Gina Raimondo and guidance provided by legal counsel, the Providence Housing Authority (PHA) will conduct this meeting using telephone and online communications due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The public may access this meeting by computer/tablet/smartphone using Zoom or via phone by dialing into the toll-free number below and entering the meeting code. *Note: using a tablet or smartphone may require downloading the free Zoom app.
Join the meeting with Zoom or call-in toll-free to: 888-788-0099. Meeting Code: 861-4972-2196
Anyone having problems accessing the meeting can contact Ainsley Cantoral at 401-419-5121 during the meeting for assistance being connected.
Meeting Agenda for July 23, 2020
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF MINUTES from June 25, 2020 meeting (Vote)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT on Agency developments since June 25, 2020 including COVID-19 testing, meetings with state and community partners, employee return to work phase 1, undated HUD waivers/extensions, NSPIRE, Solar Net Metering, HUD Housing Counseling video with David Tille, and Habitat for Humanity Roundtable with Sen Reed. (Discussion)
- Resident Services Committee Report on resident services’ program and funding updates since June 25, 2020 and resident services adaptations during COVID-19 emergency. (Discussion)
- Capital Improvements Committee Report on capital improvements and project updates since June 25, 2020. (Discussion)
- Finance Committee Report on the finance and budgeting updates since June 25, 2020. (Discussion)
CONTRACTS FOR APPROVAL Extension of COVID-19 related vendors
- Extension of Puroclean Contract from Jul 31 to Sept 30, 2020 -cost of $158,400 (vote)
- Extension of NESS Security Contract Jul 31 to Sept 30, 2020 – cost of $93,600 (vote)
PRESENTATION: PHA’s New WIOA Youth Workforce Development Program by Julie Piccolo, Director of Resident Services and Nicole Morillo, JPP/Operations Manager
PRESENTATION: Worker’s Compensation Insurance Update by Kimberly Dawley, Director of Human Resources and Lindsay Francoeur, Human Resource Specialist/Risk Management Coordinator (Discussion)
EXECUTIVE SESSION pursuant to R.I.G.L. § 42-46-5 (a) (2): Closed to discuss collective bargaining agreement for ratification for Laborers, Teamsters, Carpenters and Painters bargaining units. (Discussion and Possible Votes)
Committee Meetings on July 23
Held prior to the 5:30 PM Board of Commissioners Meeting, the Finance and Resident Services Committees will meet. For more information on those meetings, visit the RI Secretary of State’s Open Meetings website.