Board of Commissioners Meeting July 22, 2021
On Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 5:30 PM, the Providence Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners will be hold a special meeting via Zoom and conference call.
Pursuant to RI Executive Order 21-72 signed by Governor Gina Raimondo and guidance provided by legal counsel, the Providence Housing Authority (PHA) will conduct this meeting using telephone and online communications due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The public may access this meeting by computer/tablet/smartphone using Zoom or via phone by dialing into the toll-free number below and entering the meeting code. *Note: using a tablet or smartphone may require downloading the free Zoom app.
Join the meeting with Zoom or call-in toll-free to: 888-788-0099. Meeting Code: 895-6581-7977. Password: 12345.
Anyone having problems accessing the meeting can contact Ainsley Cantoral at 401-709-1132 during the meeting for assistance being connected.
Meeting Agenda for July 22, 2021
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF MINUTES from June 24, 2021 meeting (Vote)
- Resident Services Sub-Committee Report on resident services’ program and funding updates since June 24, 2021. (Discussion)
- Capital Improvements Sub-Committee Report on capital improvements and project updates since June 24, 2021. (Discussion)
- Finance Sub-Committee Report on the finance and budgeting updates since June 24, 2021. (Discussion)
- #4306 – Official Approval of FY22 Operating Budget. (Vote)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT on Agency Developments since June 24, 2021 including regular and emergency (COVID-19) operations, labor agreements, Emergency Housing Vouchers, Rent Relief RI/PHA Housing Preservation Program, and new project-based voucher RFP update. (Discussion)
APPROVAL OF LABOR AGREEMENTS
- Approval of contract with Carpenters Union Local 330 (Vote)
- Approval of contract with Teamsters Union Local 251 (Vote)
EXECUTIVE SESSION pursuant to R.I.G.L. § 42-46-5 (a)(1); Closed session to review the job performance of senior staff. (Discussion)
Committee Meetings on March 25
Held prior to the 5:30 PM Board of Commissioners Meeting, several of the PHA’s committees meet to review specific topics such as Capital Improvements, Finance, and Resident Services. For more information on those meetings, visit the RI Secretary of State’s Open Meetings website. This month’s Committee meetings are as follows: