On Thurday, April 30, 2020 at 5:30 PM, the Providence Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners will be hold a special meeting via Zoom and conference call.
Pursuant to RI Executive Order 20-05 signed by Governor Gina Raimondo and guidance provided by legal counsel, the Providence Housing Authority (PHA) will conduct this meeting using telephone and online communications due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The public may access this meeting by computer/tablet/smartphone using Zoom or via phone by dialing into the toll-free number below and entering the meeting code. *Note: using a tablet or smartphone may require downloading the free Zoom app.
Join the meeting with Zoom or call-in toll-free to: 888-788-0099. Meeting Code: 871 0130 9631.
Anyone having problems accessing the meeting can contact Ainsley Cantoral at 401-419-5121 during the meeting for assistance being connected.
- CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES from April 1, 2020 meeting (Vote)
- PUBLIC/RESIDENT COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT on Agency developments since April 1, 2020 meeting including on-going COVID-19 emergency operations and responses, new HUD Waiver, emerging emergency funding, and retirement plan (Discussion)
- RESOLUTION #4294: To approve PHA’s Community Development Block Grant Disaster Relief Funding applications to the City of Providence (Vote)
- CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT AND FACILITIES UPDATE with a focus on developments in the month of April and impacts of COVID-19, from Allan Pacific, Director of Facilities Management
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Resident Services Committee Report on resident services program and funding updates since February 27, 2020 and resident services adaptations during COVID-19 emergency (Discussion)
- Finance Committee Report on the finance and budgeting updates since February 27, 2020 and report back on discussion at April 30, 2020 finance committee meeting (Discussion)
- CONTRACT FOR APPROVAL: Remove and replace roof at Hartford Park Tower by Commercial Roofing with Contracting, Inc. using Capital Fund Program funding in the amount of $523,000 (Vote)
- ADJOURN (Vote)
Committee Meetings on April 30
Held prior to the 5:30 PM Board of Commissioners Meeting, the Finance and Resident Services Committees will meet. For more information on those meetings, visit the RI Secretary of State’s Open Meetings website.
- Finance Committee Meeting – 4/30/2020 at 4 PM
- Resident Services Committee Meeting – 4/30/2020 at 4:45 PM