Board of Commissioners Meeting May 27th
On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 5:30 PM, the Providence Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners will be hold a special meeting via Zoom and conference call.
Pursuant to RI Executive Order 20-103 signed by then-Governor Gina Raimondo and guidance provided by legal counsel, the Providence Housing Authority (PHA) will conduct this meeting using telephone and online communications due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The public may access this meeting by computer/tablet/smartphone using Zoom or via phone by dialing into the toll-free number below and entering the meeting code. *Note: using a tablet or smartphone may require downloading the free Zoom app.
Join the meeting with Zoom or call-in toll-free to: 888-788-0099. Meeting Code: 895 6581 7977. Passcode 12345.
Anyone having problems accessing the meeting can contact Priscilla Cintron at 401-709-1134 during the meeting for assistance being connected.
Meeting Agenda for May 27, 2021
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF Meeting Minutes 4-22-21 from April 22, 2021 meeting (Vote)
- Resident Services Committee Report on resident services’ program and funding updates since April 22, 2021. (Discussion)
- Capital Improvement Sub-Committee Report on capital improvements and project updates since April 22, 2021. (Discussion)
- Finance Sub-Committee Report on the finance and budgeting updates since April 22, 2021. (Discussion)
CONTRACT FOR APPROVAL
- Commercial Electric – Change order to existing project for elevator modernization – electrical systems upgrades at Dexter, Kilmartin and Hartford Park. Original project was $77,348 (board approval not required) plus change order of $5,071. Current change order of $22,526 brings total to $104,945. Funded by CFP. (VOTE)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT on Agency Developments since April 22, 2021 including COVID-19 response efforts, HUD updates, emergency and regular operational updates, and new funding. (Discussion)
PRESENTATION: Fire Safety in Public Housing – Peter Asen, Director of Strategy and Development. (Discussion)
Committee Meetings on May 27th
Held prior to the 5:30 PM Board of Commissioners Meeting, several of the PHA’s committees meet to review specific topics. For more information on those meetings, visit the RI Secretary of State’s Open Meetings website. This month’s Committee meetings are as follows:
- Finance Committee Meeting – 5/27/2021 at 5:00 PM
- Resident Services Committee Meeting – 5/27/2021 at 5:00 PM