The Providence Housing Authority and a myriad of partners will host a series of community conversations with landlords in Providence during the month of October.
Conversations will focus on breaking down barriers to maintaining and leasing units. On hand will be a host of special guests (Mayor Jorge Elorza, Councilwoman Nirva LaFortune, and representatives from the Veteran’s Administration just to name a few!) as well as the PHA’s Leased Housing staff who will briefly present information on the Housing Choice Voucher or Section 8 program.
Landlord Series Schedule
- Tuesday, October 1st at 6pm – Co-hosted by the West Broadway Neighborhood Association (WBNA), Mayor Jorge Elorza and Councilwoman Rachel Miller will be present to participate in the conversation. Location: West Broadway Middle School at 29 Bainbridge Avenue, Providence in the cafeteria (entrance at far-left side of the building).
- Thursday October 17th at 6pm – Co-hosted by the South Providence Neighborhood Association. Location: Community Center at 500 Broad Street, Providence.
- Saturday October 19th at 10am – Co-hosted by Smith Hill Community Development Corporation. Location: The Providence College / Smith Hill Annex at 231 Douglas Avenue, Providence.
- Tuesday, October 22nd at 6pm – Co-hosted by Councilwoman Nirva LaFortune (Ward 3), this session focuses on the East Side of the City. Location: Providence Community Library Rochambeau Branch at 708 Hope Street, Providence in the Community Room.
- Mayor Jorge Elorza
- NeighborWorks Blackstone River Valley
- Providence City Council
- Providence Human Relations Commission
- Smith Hill Community Development Corporation
- South Providence Neighborhood Association
- The Annex at Providence College
- U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- West Broadway Neighborhood Association