Board of Commissioners Meeting October 22, 2020
On Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 5:30 PM, the Providence Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners will be hold a special meeting via Zoom and conference call.
Pursuant to RI Executive Order 20-05 signed by Governor Gina Raimondo and guidance provided by legal counsel, the Providence Housing Authority (PHA) will conduct this meeting using telephone and online communications due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The public may access this meeting by computer/tablet/smartphone using Zoom or via phone by dialing into the toll-free number below and entering the meeting code. *Note: using a tablet or smartphone may require downloading the free Zoom app.
Meeting Agenda for October 22, 2020
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF MINUTES from September 24, 2020 meeting (Vote)
ELECTION OF OFFICERS
- Nomination and Election of a Board Chair for a two-year term (Vote)
- Nomination and Election of a Board Vice Chair for a two-year term (Vote)
- Resident Services Committee Report on resident services’ program and funding updates since September 24, 2020. (Discussion)
- Capital Improvements Committee Report on capital improvements and project updates since September 24, 2020. (Discussion)
- Finance Committee Report on the finance and budgeting updates since September 24, 2020. (Discussion)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT on Agency developments since September 24, 2020 including COVID-19 testing; emergency operations; strategic plan progress; landlord program; project-based vouchers; and new youth program at Chad Brown. (Discussion)
CONTRACTS FOR APPROVAL
- Replacement of roofs at Chad Brown by Martone Service Company, Inc Cost: $1,089,460. (Vote)
- Security Detail for Dexter, Carroll and Parenti Sprinkler Projects by NESCTC Security. Cost: $107,502 (Vote)
PRESENTATION: Barbara Jordan II Development by Sharon Morris, Omni Development and Ralph Cole and Elizabeth Schuster, Wingate Companies (Discussion).
RESOLUTION 4299: Award of eight (8) project-based vouchers for Joseph Caffey Apartments (Vote)
Committee Meetings on October 22nd
Held prior to the 5:30 PM Board of Commissioners Meeting, the Finance and Resident Services Committees will meet. For more information on those meetings, visit the RI Secretary of State’s Open Meetings website.