Board of Commissioners Meeting May 28, 2020
On Thurday, May 28, 2020 at 5:30 PM, the Providence Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners will be hold a special meeting via Zoom and conference call.
Pursuant to RI Executive Order 20-05 signed by Governor Gina Raimondo and guidance provided by legal counsel, the Providence Housing Authority (PHA) will conduct this meeting using telephone and online communications due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The public may access this meeting by computer/tablet/smartphone using Zoom or via phone by dialing into the toll-free number below and entering the meeting code. *Note: using a tablet or smartphone may require downloading the free Zoom app.
Anyone having problems accessing the meeting can contact Ainsley Cantoral at 401-419-5121 during the meeting for assistance being connected.
- CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES from April 30, 2020 meeting (Vote)
- PUBLIC/RESIDENT COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT on Agency developments since April 30, 2020 meeting including ongoing COVID-19 emergency operations, HUD Waiver update, PHA’s Food Task Force, emergency funding, radio interview and upcoming public housing plan changes. (Discussion)
- CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT AND FACILITIES UPDATE with a focus on developments in the month of May and impacts of COVID-19, from Allan Pacific, Director of Facilities Management.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS
- CONTRACTS FOR APPROVAL:
- PRESENTATION: PHA’S 5-Year Strategic Plan, presented by Peter Asen, Director of Strategy & Development and Michelle Booth, Policy and Program Evaluation Analyst.
- RESOLUTION #4295: To approve PHA’s Community Development Block Grant Disaster Relief Funding applications to the City of Providence (Vote)
- ADJOURN (Vote)
Committee Meetings on May 28
Held prior to the 5:30 PM Board of Commissioners Meeting, the Finance and Resident Services Committees will meet. For more information on those meetings, visit the RI Secretary of State’s Open Meetings website.