On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 5:30 PM, the Providence Housing Authority’s Board of Commissioners will be hold a special meeting via Zoom and conference call.
Pursuant to RI Executive Order 20-103 signed by Governor Gina Raimondo and guidance provided by legal counsel, the Providence Housing Authority (PHA) will conduct this meeting using telephone and online communications due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The public may access this meeting by computer/tablet/smartphone using Zoom or via phone by dialing into the toll-free number below and entering the meeting code. *Note: using a tablet or smartphone may require downloading the free Zoom app.
Join the meeting with Zoom or call-in toll-free to: 888-788-0099. Meeting Code: 854-1039-8638
Anyone having problems accessing the meeting can contact Ainsley Cantoral at 401-709-1132 during the meeting for assistance being connected.
Meeting Agenda for February 25, 2021
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF MINUTES from January 28, 2021 meeting (Vote)
- Resident Services Sub-Committee Report on resident services’ program and funding updates since January 28, 2021. (Discussion)
- Capital Improvements Sub-Committee Report on capital improvements and project updates since January 28, 2021. (Discussion)
- Finance Sub-Committee Report on the finance and budgeting updates since January 28, 2021. (Discussion)
CONTRACT FOR APPROVAL
- Otis Elevator –Kilmartin Plaza Elevator Modernization. Change order amount: $129,190, proposed new contract total $614,404.33. (vote)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT on Agency Developments since January 28, 2021 including COVID-19 testing and vaccinations report; emergency and regular operational update; funding opportunities and ongoing security guard negotiations. (Discussion)
RESOLUTION #4302: Authorizing the Executive Director to submit several CDBG grant applications to the City of Providence (Vote).
PRESENTATION: FY2020 AUDIT REPORT REVIEW. Presented by: Dan Bonnette, Partner; and Veronica Bulman, Senior Manager, RSM, US, LLP (Discussion)
ACCEPTANCE OF FY2020 AUDIT REPORT—(Vote)
PRESENTATION: Jobs Plus Providence successes and lessons learned, by Julie Piccolo, Director; and Nicole Morillo, Operations Manager, Resident Services Dept. (Discussion)
Committee Meetings on February 25
Held prior to the 5:30 PM Board of Commissioners Meeting, several of the PHA’s committees meet to review specific topics such as Capital Improvements, Finance, and Resident Services. For more information on those meetings, visit the RI Secretary of State’s Open Meetings website. This month’s Committee meetings are as follows:
- Finance Committee Meeting – 2/25/2021 at 4:30 PM